Saturday, November 2, 2013

Israel, Here we come!!!


Roughly two years ago,  I had the pleasure of being in Israel for my sister-in-law's wedding (here is Ruben singing "Im Eshkehech Yirushalim" -If I forget Jerusalem as he did at the ceremony). As with all our trips "Home to Israel," as soon as we leave, we try to figure out when we can get back... AND HERE WE COME!

An AMAZING opportunity has presented itself and we are heading to Israel to celebrate the 25th anniversary of "Women of the Wall." This is an amazing group of women from all different Jewish backgrounds (Reform, Orthodox, Conservative, Reconstructionist, non-denominational, and more) that get together to pray every month and celebrate!  I have had the honor of praying with these women many times since I was a rabbinical student in 2001.  In fact, on our last trip to Israel, I prayed with the women the very morning of my sister-in-law's wedding.

Here is more information about this amazing and historic event- 

Rosh Chodesh Kislev- the beginning of the month of Kislev (the month in which we celebrate lights and miracles with the holiday of Hanukkah) is on Monday, November 4th.  You can "participate" virtually by watching the service at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/women-of-the-wall beginning at 1am on Monday Morning (EST), which will be 8am in Jerusalem.

Off to finish packing...



No comments:

Post a Comment